In this Get Started Guide we will go over how to connect your Apex to our cloud based service, Apex Fusion. Apex Fusion will allow you to connect, monitor, and control your Apex from anywhere in the world with little to no configuration. If you are setting up your Apex for the first time, then we suggest that you take a look at the Get Started Guide associated with your System. If you are simply an Apex Fusion user, looking to be added to an existing Apex connect to Apex Fusion, then see the Get Started Guide here.
Creating an Apex Fusion Account
NOTE: If you have already created your account and received an activation email, skip to "Activating an Apex Fusion Account."
- The first step to getting started with Apex Fusion is to create an account. To do this, navigate to http://apexfusion.com using your Internet Browser, then click on "Get Control."
- Next, you'll click on "Create Account"
Now, enter the email address you would like to use for your Apex Fusion account. and then click "Fuse Me!"
- Activating an Apex Fusion Account
- To activate your account, please go log into the email account you used to create your Apex Fusion account
- In your inbox you will see an email entitled "Apex Fusion Invitation." One of those link's brought you to this Get Started Guide and the other will begin your account activation.
- Click on the "Activation Link." (Outlined in the RED BOX ABOVE). This will bring you to the account sign up page. Please fill this page out appropriately. Please Note:
- That you must review and accept the Terms and Conditions
- Your "username" is not an email address
- We request your location simply to be able to better diagnose network outages the may affect a give region.
- After filling out the correct information, then click "Submit," and your account will have been successfully created.
Now log into your Apex Fusion account
- Preparing your Apex to connect to Apex Fusion
- To be able to connect to Apex Fusion, your controller must be running a recent revision of firmware.
- To determine your current firmware, go to your Apex Display module and press the center button, then navigate to "Self Test"
- If your controller is running a Rev less than 4.32, then you will need to update the controller's operating firmware. Please navigate here to update the firmware.
- After updating your firmware please confirm that "Apex Fusion Control" is enabled. If it is not, then please enable it and then restart your controller.
- Linking your Apex to Apex Fusion
- After you signed into your Apex Fusion account you are instructed to "link" your Apex to Apex Fusion
To generate your connection token go to your Apex Display module, tap the center button and scroll to "Apex Fusion: Link," then tap the center button twice
Note: If this says "Apex Fusion: Down," then please Contact Neptune Systems Support.
Enter this token into Apex Fusion
You have now connected your Apex to Apex Fusion
- Navigating your Dashboard
- In the charts below we will briefly review the different icons and their purpose. If you have questions on how to configure a device or a module, then please see the system or module Get Started Guide for help
Name Apex List Alarm Log Input Log Output Log Icon
This icon will bring you to the "Apex List" page. Here all of the systems that you own or have been given access to by other Apex Fusion users will be listed.
This icon will bring you to all of the Alarm Events that have occurred on a give day. Anytime one of your Alarm outlets is activated the condition that triggered it will be listed here.
This icon will bring you to the different measurements your are logging with your Apex. For example, the last seven days of your temperature and pH graphs are available here.
This icon will bring you to all of the On/Off events that have occurred on a given day. Note: Logging of the outlet must be enabled to be viewed here.
Name Outputs Profiles Authorizations Notes Icon
This icon will allow you to configure the different outlets available from your Energy Bars and other Neptune Systems' modules
This icon will allow you to configure a variety of profiles for your advanced configuration needs.
This icon will allow you to add other Apex Fusion users to view, monitor, program, and control your Apex
This icon will allow you the ability to add events or notes to your Apex as they occur.
- To access your Apex Fusion account settings and a variety of other useful help menus, click on your user name in the top right corner.
Accessing Apex Fusion on your Phone or Tablet
Many people ask, "Is there an App?" The answer to this question is "Yes" and "No." No, there is not an App you need to go download from the Apple Store or Google Play, configure and keep up to date.. Yes, Apex Fusion is a web-enabled App, which means the only thing you need to do to access Apex Fusion on your phone or tablet is an Internet browser on your phone or tablet.
- Open your web-browser on your phone and navigate to http://apexfusion.com
- Sign-in and be sure to click "Remember me"
- Bookmark this page to your home screen. If you are unsure how to do this simply Google, "How do I bookmark to home screen on a 'Insert Phone/Tablet Model here'?"
This concludes the Get Started on Apex Fusion. This is simply overview of how to activate your Apex Fusion account, prepare your Apex for Apex Fusion, and a brief navigation of its function. For a more in depth view of using Apex Fusion or setting up an Apex System or Module, then please refer to the Get Started Page and select your system or module.